Sunday, August 02, 2009

SUPERMAN vs ZOD (colored)


Colored version of an earlier post. I've been inspired by the blogs of James Gurney and Shiyoon Kim to work more on color and lighting.

The photo-background is a total cheat, but the image was just too perfect to pass up. The swirling mass of dark cloud invading the warm sunset was a nice echo of the drawing. Maybe I'll do a third version of this drawing when I actually learn how to draw clouds!


I picture Superman outweighing Zod by quite a bit, but Zod's got the military training and willingness to kill, so he'd probably dish out a few cans of whoopass on ol' Blue. Like Yoda says, "Size matters not."

5 comments:

Khylov said...

Background clouds are a challenge, that's for sure.

(Sorry, I can't think of anything more witty than that - I'm parked on the street right now with the car idling, covertly using someone else's net to send this.)

Thanks much for the comment earlier this week; cheers.

Owen Williams said...

Love this drawing too

Jason Keane said...

Great drawing! I have to say the clouds are befitting for such a clash. Where's Non and Ursa cheering Zod on?

Anonymous said...

Ouch! That looks painful for Superman.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the checkin' out my stuff. I didn't go to Sheldon. I went to CB, but we did meet very briefly before the Animators Ball at SCC last summer. I had just gotten into CalArts and I was very excited to tell ya about it. Anyways, thanks for the heads up. Be careful out there in the rocks. Remember, when Pirates of the Caribbean beaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists.