Friday, November 12, 2010

Captain's Log
Part I: Shoving Off




With funds secured and crew assembled, this weekend marks the launch of my new animated short, Nail'd. The project is being produced independently of Pixar with some old friends from back home in Sacramento, including my highschool animation teacher, Shawn Sullivan. I'll be working with Shawn's current students, hopefully giving them a taste of what the film-making process is like. And if my previous student films are any indication, we're in for some stormy seas!

Our local newspaper, The Elk Grove Citizen, was kind enough to cover the story.

7 days...

7 comments:

Zane Yarbrough said...

oh sweet that is really cool...let me know if you need any help with painting backgrounds of animating I would love to be a part of the progect!...portfolio@zaneyarbrough.com

Claire said...

That sounds awesome! Are you going to start a production blog?

Team Diana said...

Are you going to create a production blog? That would be cool...

Unknown said...

I was just going to use this as my production blog. This will be a bit of a long-term project, so I'll be giving monthly captain's logs to keep you guys abreast of our animated voyage.

Bill Robinson said...

Sweet. Also, you had animation class in high school? Jealous.

Unknown said...

Man, I wish I'm part of that high school...I've started an animation club at my school after reading about your old animation ROP class. That would be great if I can get my club to start a project like this. Keep us updated so I can get some ideas. :)

Abz said...

Dude Im so glad I came across your blog! Such great and inspiring work!