Monday, July 16, 2012

SDCC Yearbook

I brought a moleskine to Comic Con this year.


The initial idea was to sketch the local wildlife.


When I ran into Doug TenNapel, I offered him a sketch trade.


Doug happily agreed! I asked him to illustrate the theme "Comic Con". This beauty is what he came up with:


I loved the sketch so much, I decided to offer my moleskine to other friends/heroes of mine to see their take on the theme. Before long, I had a yearbook of amazing artwork. Here are a few samples!











Cory Walker's sketch wasn't actually in the sketchbook, it was a commission my girlfriend got for me. Between the yearbook and the commission, it was a damn good year for SDCC souvenirs!

2 comments:

Michael Barquero said...

Aw man, brilliant! love these sketches.

Carrie Liao said...

such a cool idea! Love the result :) It was nice running into you!