Thursday, January 26, 2012

Rango

I borrowed Rango from my buddy Ken, and if there's anything I've learned from Arrested Development, it's to always leave a note.
This is a great film, by the way! Hats off to Gore Verbinksi for an animated film that pays homage to classic westerns yet still manages to break the mold! I hope they take home the animated film Oscar (how was Los Lobos not even nominated for their fantastic original song?).

Now if they'd only gotten Nico Marlet to design those animals...

3 comments:

Kyrstin said...

Love the note! And the homage to AD. I miss that show, terribly.

Sadly, I haven't seen Rango yet, but it's next on my to-watch list. Nice to hear positive things!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I loved RANGO and think it should win Best Animated Feature this year. The story was good and they did some interesting things to break the mold of modern mainstream animation. (e.g the surrealism).

Novotny said...

I loved Rango but I think it's gonna be a close one with Kung Fu Panda 2. DW really hit it out of the park with that movie.