Thursday, May 03, 2012

8-bit Cubism



Last weekend was a huge gaming marathon at my buddy Jay's house for his birthday. After about seven board games, I was getting a bit distracted. 


Luckily, Space Alert came with these little wooden counters which I quickly discovered could be made into 8-bit characters, like Devo here.



Or kicking Devo.


When our Space Alert battle station was attacked by an Interstellar Octopus, my solution was to send Boba Fett after the beast (though he hasn't fared particularly well against tentacled monsters in the past).



I quickly progressed to Frolicking Fidel Castro...


...The Grinch...


...Lorne...



...More abstract depictions of Santa Claus/Pokeball, Yoda, and The Creeper...


 ...And, of course, Jurassic Park.


We didn't win the game, but the 8-bit characters were a fun exercise and well worth the distraction. I heartily recommend Space Alert, if only for the 8-bit art potential!

1 day...

No comments: