Thursday, June 21, 2007


The Lowdown:
Once every two weeks, a couple of artists choose one word each (one a noun, the other an adjective). The combined words form the subject of the following weeks' Chades (CHAracter DESign) Challenge. At the end of each week, all Chades Challengers post their skullduggery on their respective blogs and many a good laugh is had.


The Challenge (to be posted next Friday):

THE CHESHIRE CAT


The Challengers:

Ben Adams
Josh Billings
Richie Blitz
Lorelay Bove
Emma Coats
Scott Cook
Steve MacLeod
Leo Matsuda
Adrian Molina
Laura Jane Murphy
Vi-Dieu Nguyen
Bobby Pontillas
Moro Rogers
Joe Ruiz
Sean Taylor
Rob Thompson
Lissa Treiman
Nate Wragg

11 comments:

Richie Blitz said...

Hey, is this open to anyone? 'cause I'm an incoming animation major at Ringling College and this seems like a great way to improve my character design skills.

Josh (musarter) said...

Thank you for the official "Chades" logo. You are a designer and you did not know it.

Unknown said...

Richie- Yeah, this challenge is pretty much open to anyone who wants to participate. Congratulations on your acceptance to Ringling, I know a few fine animators who came from there.

Richie Blitz said...

Alright, cool. Thanks, your animation is pretty kick ass, just saw The Ending, great stuff and really funny too.

cooknco@roadrunner.com said...

Count me in on the next one! I gotta do somethin other than change dirty diapers all day! This domestic god thing is making me climb the walls.

Josh (musarter) said...

This challenge really has been tough. Either people are very busy or the challenge was too tough. I am interested in seeing more ideas surface for "telescopic placebo."

Josh (musarter) said...

I suppose I can answer you here...I can't expect you to keep checking my blog. I do not consider myself flamboyant but I think the adjective would make for some interesting drawings. See the definition:
Flam·boy·ant
Function: adjective
Etymology: French, from present participle of flamboyer to flame, from Old French, from flambe
1 often capitalized : characterized by waving curves suggesting flames
2 : marked by or given to strikingly elaborate or colorful display or behavior

Moro Rogers said...

Armadillo...?

Leo Matsuda said...

adjective: furry?

Moro Rogers said...

Vicious? (I know, not very original...)

Ryan Bullard said...

Hey there, how do I join this madness?! I want to part of the gang!