Friday, November 07, 2008

Fictional Presidential Campaign, Part I



Tied at a measly five votes each, Gandalf and Professor X are the top contenders for fictional President of the United States. Personally, I'd vote for Santa Claus--the guy can traverse the entire planet in just one night and knows where all the naughty people live. Bin Laden: check!

But the people have spoken and these our your candidates! Will it be the telepathic genius whose platform is tolerance and education, or the powerful wizard known to work across the aisles to unite many races against a common foe? Get back to that poll and make your fictional voice heard!

While I'm on the topic, a belated condemocratulations to President-elect Obama! Whether you support his policies or not, it's exciting to live in a nation where opportunity is truly available for all. It's also pretty fantastic experiencing in one of those positive-feeling "Where were you when...?" moments I've heard about all my life. God bless America!

3 comments:

Becky said...

I'd vote for Professor X :)

Moro Rogers said...

Voted for Gandalf. He is a bona fide supernatural being, endorsed by Illuvatar.

Josh (musarter) said...

Knowledge vs. Wisdom. I choose wisdom and I concur with Moro.