Monday, February 18, 2013

Color Keys

Here are some color keys for a personal project called CAMP GRIZZLY. This is a rough line up of the six main characters and their "Scooby Doo" color scheme. These colors won't appear in the final art, but it's good to know what the literal daylight colors would be.


Here are the tones as they'll most likely appear in the daylight illustrations. The story takes place in 1979, so I want to incorporate a nostalgic polaroid feel.


The final set are our heroes at night, where most of the store takes place.

I'm sure these colors will vary from image to image, but I can't tell you how helpful it is to finally lockdown a palette to draw from. Highly recommended for anyone in the design phase of their project. Also highly recommended: having a better sense for color than I do. Oi vey!

Stay tuned for more on CAMP GRIZZLY...

6 days...

1 comment:

flaviano said...

Cool! I like to see more personal project from you. I use a sftware called Photoscape wich add vintage filters to my colors but is only available for windows, if you have Mac you can find some free action sets with the same filters, cross process, velvia, provia, portra and agfa. It's really fun playing with them :)