Friday, March 25, 2011

CHADES CHALLENGE XLVI:
CHEESY GRAVE-ROBBERS



"Walk this way."


When I hear 'grave-robber', two world class tomb-raiders come to mind: Indiana Jones and Igor. There's no where to go with Indy design-wise and Igor is definitely the cheesier of the two, so I went with the hump-back. Plus, it was raining cats and dogs when I sat down to draw, so I was in a much more of macabre mood.


Igor with the remnants of Abby Normal.

In hindsight: between Igor, Leper-Con, and the actual leprechaun posted earlier this month, there's a strong presence of ginger mutton-chops on this blog.

If you designed any cheesy grave-robbers (everyone is invited to contribute), leave me a comment with a link to your image and I'll post it below. If not, join us April 8th for:

CHADES CHALLENGE XLVII:
EVOLUTIONARY PARLIAMENT












23 days...

15 comments:

Guilherme Verissimo said...

This post was really fun!

Here's the link

Zane Yarbrough said...

you austin I dig the igor man you managed to bring me back to the day of universal monsters with that first sketch for sure!

Tom Soulen said...

Awesome work guys!!

Here's the link to mine :)

Unknown said...

Zane- nice work, as always! Reminds me of Johnny Depp's mad hatter. It's funny we both did red-heads. Maybe grave-robbing's a family business!

Trip- haha, great! Definitely the cheesiest of the submissions. This guy reminds me of Biff from Back to the Future 2. What a scum bag. Nice job!

Guilherme- great gag! That guy's definitely been in the ground for a while. The contrast in your grave-robbers' attitudes is a nice touch.

Tom- Nice work with the color. It's funny how green is a color associated strongly with both life and death. I wonder why that is...

Tom Soulen said...

I wonder if it's something to do with the 'sickly' green association? I do notice it's in every submission somwehere, Zane's definitely being the happiest of all.

Anthony said...

Hello Austin - Zane told me about Chade's Challenge. Looks like a fun game! I did one for "Cheesy Grave-robbers" here.

Unknown said...

Tom- Good point!

Anthony- Ha! Great job, man. The 8-bit cheese cubes are brilliant. Welcome to the Chades Challenge.

Fawn said...

Cool drawing, Austin! Also love Zane's :)

Anthony said...

Thanks for letting me play!

Josh (musarter) said...

These are all so great. Great cheese all around.

Austin- I thought your was a Lord of the Rings parody at first. Maybe Sam developed a hump after the long journey.

Unknown said...

Fawn- thanks, you should join in on the next round!

Anthony- of course! Feel free to submit one for "Evolutionary Parliament" as well.

Josh- an astute observation! I was listening to the Fellowship audio book while I was drawing my Igor, so a bit of Hobbit trickled through.

Daniel Gonzales said...

these drawings are GREAT! very cool. keep it up man!

Abz said...

Great work man- its been a while! Sorry, I've been missing in action, but I'm back now! :) Check out my new updates! Happy Spring!

ZM Shore said...

hey austin, here is my entry for evolutionary parliament,

http://animatedbuzz.com/albums/photo/view/album_id/520/photo_id/17159

Unknown said...

Daniel- thanks man, thanks for visiting!

Abz- nice work. I was disappointed the blog wasn't just photos of abs.

ZM- fantastic! You're a man after my own reptillian heart!